Trek Pack v1
A backpack mounted 360-degree camera system designed to capture stunning 360-degree photos in all terrains.
Trek Pack v2 Now Available!
About the Trek Pack
In 2019, I wanted to add some of my favourite hiking routes to Google Street View.
Consequently, I set out to find an affordable 360-degree camera that:
- Is Street View Ready (shooting at or above 4K resolution, has a GPS sensor);
- Can be used without fear of getting damaged by light rain showers (I live in England after all)
- Has storage and battery life for tours up to 20 kilometers on foot
- Can be mounted to a backpack and mount that could easily be setup and taken down for travel
- Has software that could be used to easily process imagery on non-professional grade equipment
The Trek Pack was the result.
The Trek Pack allows you to use the power of the GoPro Fusion without the hassle of manually taking photos or carrying bulky equipment. Simply setup the camera to start shooting and get on your way.
If you want to do it yourself, you can use our Trek Pack design as a base. We've created guides listing the equipment you will need to buy and how to put it all together to build your own Trek Pack.