I look back at my imagery from last season and show how you can do the same this year.
Last March I promised you street-level imagery of some of the best French ski resorts.
In this case I believe the saying “better late than never” holds true.
With the ski season already well underway in the French Alps, here is the long promised imagery I shot last year.
Val Thorens, Meribel, and Courchevel
La Plagne and Les Arcs
How can I do this?
Hopefully this has inspired many of you to try to record your own footage this season and place it on the map. The good news; it’s not as difficult as you might think.
Here is everything you need to know;
- Buy a GoPro MAX and helmet mount
- Set it up so that it performs well in cold weather
- Record footage in video mode (5.2k @ 24 FPS)
- Break the footage up into frames (optional, not required if only for upload to apps)
- Upload to Trek View Explorer, Google Street View, and Facebook’s Mapillary.
Don’t forget to tag us in the footage @trekviewed!
Never miss an update
Sign up to receive new articles in your inbox as they published.