See examples of the work we've delivered for our clients
The growing environmental problems associated with travel affect every single person on the planet.
And travellers know this.
According to Google, when searching for businesses, consumers use mapping products 44% of the time. Listings with photos and a virtual tour are twice as likely to generate interest.
We want to make street-level imagery of the natural world a core part of the research and booking for the modern traveller.
From allowing potential visitors to view the beauty of the landscape when planning trips (e.g. explore hiking trails) to learning about the local communities and businesses that can be found there (e.g. “where looks good for lunch?”).
In the same way Google Street View revolutionised road level maps, we want to do the same for maps of the natural world, and more specifically, environmentally conscious local businesses.
But it's important we do it sustainably.
As documented in our Environment Charter, there are certain locations that we do not capture images of based on the risk of causing a negative impact to either the local environment or local communities.
We choose to work exclusively with organisations that share our environmental goals.
Here are some of the projects we've previously delivered for them:
-  [GB] Swinley Forest, England: Virtual mountain biking to attract new riders and increase cycle hire.
-  [GB] Basingstoke Canal, England: Surveying the health of the canal banks to ensure they are properly maintained.
-  [GB] South Downs Way, England: Promoting the South Downs as a global destination for walkers.
-  [GB] Wey Navigations, England: Encouraging young and old to get outside and paddle the waterway.
-  [GB] River Thames, England: A lesson on rivers. From source to mouth, from the Romans to the 21st Century.
-  [ES] Mount Teide, Spain: A virtual field trip to ensure visitors to Spain's highest mountain enjoy it sustainably.
-  [IT] Elba Island, Italy: Improving Tourism Promotion Using Google Street View.
-  [US] Yosemite National Park, United States: Allowing the whole world to explore Yosemite’s most iconic attraction and most prestigious hike.
We can help you capture 360-degree imagery and publish it in a variety of ways, from websites to VR apps. If you have a project in mind, please contact our commercial team today.
Have a smaller project in mind? You can submit an application to our camera loan program here.