A backpack mounted 360-degree camera system designed to capture stunning 360-degree photos in all terrains.
About the Trek Pack
In 2018, I wanted to add some of my favourite hiking routes to Google Street View.
As consumer grade 360-degree cameras entered the market, this became possible.
Consequently, I set out to find an affordable 360-degree camera that:
- Is Street View Ready (shooting at or above 4K resolution, has a GPS sensor);
- Can be used without fear of getting damaged by light rain showers (I live in England after all)
- Has storage and battery life for tours up to 20 kilometres on foot
- Can be mounted to a backpack and mount that could easily be setup and taken down for travel
- Has software that could be used to easily process imagery on non-professional grade equipment
The Trek Pack was the result.
The Trek Pack allows you to use the power of the GoPro Fusion without the hassle of manually taking photos or carrying bulky equipment. Simply setup the camera to start shooting and get on your way.
How to get a Trek Pack
1. Join the Trekker Program
Individuals, groups, or organisations looking to capture 360-degree tours of our natural world or in disaster situations for non-commercial purposes are encouraged to submit an application to our camera loan program here.
2. Buy one
We are currently accepting pre-orders for our the Trek Pack v2 (v1 has sold out).
3. Build one
If you want to do it yourself, here's some guidance on building your own Trek Pack.
4. Hire us
We can help you capture 360-degree imagery and publish it in a variety of ways, from websites to VR apps. If you have a project in mind, please contact our commercial team today.